On Sunday 26 May 2019 05:16:23 pm andy pugh wrote:

> On Wed, 22 May 2019 at 18:36, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> wrote:
>
> 1: remove any usb-serial devices plugged in so it doesn't setup brltty
>
> > for the braille using blind at install, its broken and will disable
> > all your usb-serial adapters until you sudo apt remove brltty .
>
> Can you add a bug tracker for that, and a guide how to test /
> reproduce the problem?
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues
>
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues

I would Andy, but github already knows me by my only email address and
will not let me reuse my old account data to login. No clue what the
hell they were thinking, if they were thinking at all. One item is that
they've now made the username I used, now has an illegal character, a @
in the middle of it. Paranoid b-----rds....

> > 2: The hplip package, which includes hpfax, turned out to be a total
> > showstopper crash, intermittent after about a days uptime, and
> > random until I found an error recorded in syslog, and renamed the
> > hpfax binary to hpfox. You can't remove hplip as it takes your
> > desktop with it.  So just disable hpfax. It apparently goes funkity
> > when cron calls it and it has nothing to do, but it kills hid-common
> > locking you out of the machine, with the front panel reset button
> > your only rescue.
>
> Again, please raise this as an issue, and perhaps point to an online
> discussion with more info?

Apparently I'm the only one, but it has also (the hpfax problem) attacked
my new but wheezy install for the 6040 gantry mill. But its only killed
me 2 or 3 times in several months, whereas it was taking this machine
down 1 to 3x a day. BUT!!!!! since fixing that, I've lost just the
keyboard a couple times since on this house machine, getting 3 to 7 days
uptime, but I still have a working mouse, so I can do a legit reboot.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)