On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 13:10, Reinhard <reinha...@schwarzrot-design.de> wrote:

> I tried to work out userspace hal component (which in my way of thinking could
> be started without the use of halcmd), but all crashed direct after start.

Userspace HAL components are those that are started with "halcmd
loadusr" rather than "halcmd loadrt"

They run their own internal user-space mainloop and do not need to be
added to a realtime thread (in fact they can't be added to a thread)

They are useful for UI interaction, access to the file system, serial
and USB access etc.
This is why modbus and the VFD drivers are typically user_comps.

thermistor.comp is an example, though there is no reason that
particular component needed to be userspace as far as I can see.

--
atp
lunatics."