On Monday 13 April 2020 18:46:17 andy pugh wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 at 22:53, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > when edited as shown on page 3 of this post it will not take a save,
> > its ghosted out.
>
> _What_ is ghosted out?
The save button in the synaptics editor.  But now I learn how to get
around that and do some updating, but the only thing update was 230+ tde
files to bring it up to a full R14.0.8 state, but I was able to get all
of the dpkg-check-builddeps loaded.  So it might build, maybe. Its
working its way slowly thru the latex stuffs now.

> Post 3 would be what you would use in a text editor. If that won't
> save then maybe you need sudo?
This was using synaptics own editor in a sudo root session of synaptics.
I came to the conclusion it was busted and finally used nano.

>  (and, also, the forum software had swallowed the URLs and
> abbreviated)

I eventually got that this figured out. and its in the process on
building master now.  Which I assume will fail at some point prior to
runtests. Perhaps even with an enlightening error msg.  But next I need
to read up on "git bisect" so I can start it before the 2.8 merge began.
It worked fine till then, but its quite likely that I have the single,
most complex hal files in existence.

I tried canceling twopass but that made no diffs.  I've spent days
auditing the code looking for something as stupid as an axis letter
typu.  No luck. So I guess a bisect is next. runtests is working now. If
thats clean, make debs and dpkg -i. test. But first, if Dee has
awakened, put on my chefs hat and see about dinner at its 20:00 on this
side of the pond. I laid out some pork steaks a while back, should be
about thawed by now. And tomorrow is another day. Go spend 2G's on a
lawnmower, a husky with a hydrostatic drive. I can't find the cat
hunting in the back yard, weeds are already tall enough to hide him.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis