The slow update rate is likely a method issue and not an issue with network
speed itself. Most networks can handle speeds of GB per second rates which is
much much faster than actually required. Networks are used to stream all sorts
of data these days.  Lagging behind can indicate a buffer overflow condition
due to the receiving process running to slow to to keep up with the data being
sent for display. Old code and speed restrictions are likely not designed to
overcome that. New methods do require new code to be developed in order to
provide excellent results.

Johannes P. Fassotte
Automation Assist
217 Sunny Hills Drive