On 07/12/2020 12:49 PM, andy pugh wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 at 18:44, Leonardo Marsaglia <ldmarsag...@gmail.com> wrote:

By the way. I second the dropping the PDF docs in favour of the HTML ones.
It's much more easy to find the info in the HTML docs that I almost forget
there are PDF docs uploaded.
The PDF ones are added to the package by the build system. I don't
_think_ that the HTML ones are.

PDF docs are quite compact as files, and can be browsed with a low-footprint document reader. I think that's an advantage. The whole HTML doc system is getting to be a large file set and requires a browser that takes more resources. Some people may want to have the docs stored locally on their CNC control for quick reference. Some people are also leery of putting their CNC on the network, so local is the only way.

Jon