> On 07/12/2020 03:59 PM, Rod Webster wrote:
> > Personally, I think the power of Google Translate makes this redundant.
> > If I open a non-english HTML page Google Translate just translates it for
> > me.
> > I asked a French speaking person to review a 20 page technical document of
> > mine which I had translated in Google Drive from English to French using
> > Google Translate. He said there was nothing for him to do as it was perfect!
> >

> WOW, I'm impressed, but still skeptical.  Yes, computer
> translation has come a LONG way recently, but I'd still
> worry that something got horribly muddled.  It may also
> depend a lot on the clarity of the original document.  Maybe
> we should do a test and have Google translate our docs and
> then have it reviewed by a person who is both a native
> speaker of that language and fluent in CNC.  They might
> catch a few howlers but still save a lot of effort.

Sounds like a good starting point. Then updated git may be of great use to
merge in corrections, no need to read full document, only what have been
changed since last though a little bit more complicated since ideally it should
not produce a difference for the corrections, only there orignal document
changed.

Read story in news paper from another country a year or two ago there it made
impression it might had come from a bad translation, it did not fully make
sense but cultures are different and have no possibility to check, only found a
little bit about story on other place of Internet. However a little bit hard to
talk about since it was about a horrible crime.

Nicklas Karlsson