Le mer. 21 sept. 2022 à 04:24, Phill Carter <phillcarte...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> > On 21 Sep 2022, at 6:59 am, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have some plasmac work that I would like to push before that happens.
It should be completed by the end of this month.

As said in an earlier message, I believe [Qt]PlasmaC as well as the other
UIs should have their own repositories and packages to unleash their
development and release cycle. Of course the fact that PlasmaC embeds a HAL
component together with configs for two UIs doesn't help... 🤔

This could also be a good incentive for the projects to upgrade and
standardize API and messaging between "core" and UIs.

> I also have a question regarding packaging. Is there any good reason that
we have a separate "-dev" package ?

This is to have a finer grained packaging allowing to install and maintain
just and only what's needed on each system. In the true spirit of *NIX,
Debian and embedded/industrial systems design.
There's still to be done on this matter until a PlasmaC integrator just
have to `apt install plasmac` to install a slimmed and ready to configure
controller, without any unneeded code, be it because it's only used by
other UIs/VCPs or because it's only useful for developers.