Subject: IEC320 and Double insulation
Author:  HANS MELLBERG at NON-HP-SANTACLARA,om4
Date:    4/21/97 9:35 AM

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text

Fellow professionals;

Is there anything in the EN60950 regulations re: LVD that would prevent me
from using a IEC three prong receptacle in my product connected to a
special power cord with only two wires and to a class 0 plug (two prong for
Europe) and the mating IEC 320 connector at the other end? (assume that my
product is designed to be double insulated).

Best Regards

Hans