Hans,

The obvious problem with the following is in the special appliance
coupler. It allows a class I product to be connected without an earth. An
IEC320 double insulated coupler has only two pins and can not be connected
to a Class I product. A coupler which can be connected to a class I
product but not connect the earth can cause a hazard.

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 hans_mellb...@non-hp-santaclara-om4.om.hp.com wrote:

> Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
>
> Fellow professionals;
>
> Is there anything in the EN60950 regulations re: LVD that would prevent me
> from using a IEC three prong receptacle in my product connected to a
> special power cord with only two wires and to a class 0 plug (two prong for
> Europe) and the mating IEC 320 connector at the other end? (assume that my
> product is designed to be double insulated).
>
> Best Regards
>
> Hans

Chris Healy
Liaison Manager, Standards and Approvals

email       : ch...@jna.com.au          JNA Telecommunications Limited
Ph (direct) : +61 2 9935 5728         16 Smith St, Chatswood, NSW 2067
Fax         : +61 2 9417 3862           AUSTRALIA