Bogdan,

You are probably correct on the wiring issue.  The problem is
trying to get answers as to why from the PCBC.  We use business
partners who are residents of Poland in Warsaw to work with the
PCBC and still had difficulty understanding the "extra"
requirements.

If the problem is the plug, as you say, why would other affected
countries not require the same manual statments?  For Class II
equipment, reversal of phase and neutral will have little effect
on the safety of the equipment.

I am well aware that either the wall plug or the appliance inlet
connector can serve as the official disconnect.  Perhaps the PCBC
is not equally aware of this.  However, in this case, the issue
of disconnct has nothing to do with safety, but of economy of
electrical power.  Some ITE when turned "off" is designed to go
into a "sleep" or idle mode.  If the user is not aware of this,
and must achieve zero watts, I suppose only a manual statement
can solve this problem.

George

Please respond to Bogdan Matoga
      <bogdan.matoga%fibre....@interlock.lexmark.com>