        From:   geor...@lexmark.com [SMTP:geor...@lexmark.com]
        Sent:   Wednesday, June 17, 1998 12:39 PM
        To:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
        Subject:        Re: EMC/Safety in Poland

        Susan,

        You may find one or more of the following requirments as well:

        Signed and "sealed" statements pertaining to your ground
        continuity and hi-pot testing.

        Manual statement that the product must be unplugged to reduce
        power (watts) to zero.  Polish law requires all unused ITE to be
        turned off at night.  Some low end ITE do not have on/off
switches
        as at rest power is only 3-5W.

        Manual statement if the on/off  switch does not break both sides
        (phase and neutral) on line.  Polish outlets are not always
wired
        as intended.

        An inspection of your factory by PCBC inspector.  Ours took two
        days, at our expense.

        etc..

        George Alspaugh

        Please respond to krzysiak%polbox....@interlock.lexmark.com