From: geor...@lexmark.com [mailto:geor...@lexmark.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 1:36 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Product "Risks"

Allow me to make one addendum to my prior note before I get blasted
by the readers.  I implied that virtually all traffic accidents are
due to bad drivers.  I overlooked the infamous Firestone tire episode.

However, this does not alter my position.  If you had a pie diagram
indicating the accidents vs. (1) bad driver choices, and (2) vehicle
defects, the latter would be a barely discernable sliver.

George