My two cents . . .

And many of those related to part failure are still related to human error.

There is some evidence that the Firestone problem is related to under inflated
tires which is a driver responsibility.

This doesn't even address the faulty maintenance that causes accidents that may
never be attributed to human error beyond the driver. (i.e. faulty brake jobs,
missing lug nuts, etc.)

There was a news report recently that showed recording of a State Patrolman's
car camera.
While stopped for a traffic accident the camera recorded a car crossing the
median in a slow rotation and striking a tow truck that was trying to remove the
first wrecked vehicles.
The reporter stated that the cause was the bad weather.
Did the driver have any responsibility for driving too fast on ice covered
roads?

Besides the litigious culture, we want to blame all of our problem on someone
else.

I agree that virtually all of the automotive "accidents" are traceable to the
nut that holds the steering wheel.

OO

"George_Alspaugh/Lex/Lexmark.LEXMARK"@sweeper.lex.lexmark.com on 01/24/2001
04:36:15 PM