Hello Eric,

Some companies have environmental test programs that subject their products to
all types of power line conditions that are not covered in regulatory
requirements. As far as line voltage tolerance testing, this depends on the
specifications you publish externally for your products. However, what
tolerance you test to internally may be greater than what you publish with a
product specification.

It just so happens, when I was with the old Hewlett-Packard, we usually tested
to +/- 12% for test and measurement products when the published tolerance was
+/- 10%. However, these products were intended for light industrial and
laboratory environments.

Finally, to the best of my knowledge, I haven't heard of Japanese line voltages
dropping below 90 Vac.

Regards,
|Ronald R. Wellman                |Voice : 408-345-8229           |
|Agilent Technologies             |FAX   : 408-553-2412           |
|5301 Stevens Creek Blvd.,        |E-Mail: ron_well...@agilent.com|
|Mailstop 54L-BB                  |WWW   : http://www.agilent.com |
|Santa Clara, California 95052 USA|                               |