Darren,

The information that I have seen from the two sources listed below is that
Japan is nominally 100V 50/60 Hz.  The 50 Hz is primarily in Eastern Japan
(Tokyo, Kawasaki, Sapporo and Yokohoma).  The 60 Hz is primarily in Western
Japan (Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya and Hiroshima).

Check out the two web sites below.  They both contain lists for voltages
and frequencies for around the world.

http://www.interpower.com/guide.htm

http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Regards

Joe Martin
EMC/Product Safety Engineer
Applied Biosystems

                    "Darren Pearson"

                    <dar...@genesysibs.com>        To:     <emc-p...@ieee.org>

                    Sent by:                       cc:

                    owner-emc-pstc@majordom        Subject:     Japan mains
voltage
                    o.ieee.org

                    02/20/02 04:46 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Darren Pearson"

Can anyone tell me what the mains voltage is in Japan,

I  think it is 110V but I do not know the frequency.

apart from this, does any one know of a web site  that gives information
about the mains voltage and frequency of various countries ?

  Regards Darren.

Darren Pearson
Radio & Telecom Approval Services
Genesys