From: Sam Davis [mailto:sda...@ptitest.com]
Sent: May 7, 2002 6:51 AM
To: Gert Gremmen; Pettit, Ghery; 'Ted Rook'; <
Subject: RE: stun guns on aircraft

This has nothing to do with EMC or Product safety, but with personal and
public safety.

I'm with Ghery.  Gert, your misrepresentation of his statement is
ludicrous.
Statistics bear this out.  Crime rates drop drastically in nations where
guns are freely owned by the PUBLIC.  Look at Australia.  The gov't took
the
gun ownership rights away, and violent crime rose horribly.

Guns are not only offensive weapons, but defensive weapons as well.  If
some
criminal approaches your wife with a gun, would you prefer her to have a
pistol, or a whistle?

What do you want your cops to defend your streets with?  What about your
military, to guard your ability to go to work, make a living, support
your
family, without having to worry if you'll be a captive prisoner of war,
or
worse?  What about the security force at your airport?

Guns even the playing field.

When you outlaw guns, only outlaws have guns.  Law abiding citizens turn
them in, and can no longer defend their homes with the NECESSARY force.
Fortunately, I live in a locale where gun ownership is not only allowed,
but
almost expected.  Statistically, there are more guns than people per
household.  There is also a very low rate of home invasion.
Since concealed carry permits have been issued, all violent crimes have
dropped.

Hijackers take planes because law-abiding travelers are not packing
heat.

I own multiple guns, legally, and I pray I never have to fire them in
self
defense, but I pray I don't have to use my AD&D policy either.

BTW, Ted, your statement "Unfortunately America was taken by force and
is
defended by force and is unlikely ever to change", I disagree with your
first syllable.  The reason we're the prime superpower is because the
world
knows we will use it if we have to.  The reason our allies like us is
because we've got their back, (and we've thrown billions of dollars to
bail
them out without actually expecting payback, but that's a completely
different thread).

Remember grade school, who got picked on?  The kid that couldn't (or
wouldn't) defend himself.  The guys that were obviously able to return
injury never had to fight.  Think about that.

If any of my statements offend you because of your national pride, I'm
sorry.  My national pride is what brought me in here.  I mean no offense
your nation, just your government's  anti-gun laws.

My opinions are my own, but I know my boss will back me.  He's a member,
too.

Proud member of the National Rifle Association, standing with my
brothers,
supporting our constitutional right to protect ourselves until the cops
are
able to arrive.

Sam