Navigation aids are radios.  They are designed to have these sensitivities.
The balance of the suite of avionics have their RE controlled to protect
these radios.  It all works.  If an on-board rfi source such as a portable
CD player or laptop interferes with the operation, this is not a
catastrophic issue because the pilot, seeing a sudden change in position
relative to the runway, and not having felt any accompanying acceleration
would immediately deduce his instrumentation was malfunctioning and take
appropriate steps.  It is only when the navigational aids are tied to the
auto-pilot and the auto-pilot doesn't have the intelligence to discern an
impossible reading from the navigation aid that the potential for immediate
catastrophe looms.  This was the case with the DC-10 that is the origin of
the rule to turn off personal electronics on take-off and landing.  In the
case of the DC-10, the pilot seized control from the auto-pilot and
redirected the aircraft towards its former heading.  Since this was on final
approach, it was a fairly narrow escape.