To try and verify your theory, I set up a signal generator at 100 and 400
MHz, -20 dBm into 50 Ohms.  I drove a six foot section of RG-58 with bnc
connections, and terminated in a shielded 50 Ohm dummy load.  I repeated the
same measurement using one of my twisted shielded pairs.  I measured
"leakage" current by placing a current probe around first the coax and then
the TSP, sliding the probe up and down the cable looking for maxima.  I did
not see a significant difference at 100 MHz, but at 400 MHz there was 20 dB
more leakage on the TSP than from the coax.  Is it a good assumption that
anything I measure with the current probe is essentially lost in
transmission?