Okay, to stir up a little more confusion.
    Eons ago, the GS mark could not be issued unless some very ugly ergonomics
standards were met. ZH/618 or something, along with the safety requirements for
an end use product.
    But if you had an end use product that didn't meet the ergonomics
requirements - maybe the color contrast between the enclosure and the product
name was too great - but it met the safety standard of the time you could get a
Bauart mark. That was around 1975 or so.
    Other than that, I believe that Bauart is component and GS is end product.
I have some laser transceivers on my desk that carry the Bauart mark at the
moment.
    Keyboards are a nice little hole in the process. The enclosure material is
based on whether or not it has to be a fire enclosure or not. That
determination was based on the maximum current coming into the keyboard. There
was a time when keyboards had the fuse and could be Listed, it didn't matter
which computer you used because the keyboard had the current limiting device.
Well, a fuse cost money and so does fire suppressants in plastics, and
keyboards are being sold for $3.00 or so these days so cost reduction is a huge
issue. Cost reduction left the fuse out and dropped the plastic enclosure to HB
from V1 or V0. They computer guys were thinking about the keyboard changing
weren't putting any limiting on the motherboard, that saved them a few beer
tokens as well. So the keyboard is pretty much swinging in space as fare as a
fire enclosure goes.  Theoretically, the keyboard should have to be recognized
and as a condition of acceptability would say that it must be used on a limited
power circuit or whatever. How does one control that in the replacement Radio
Shack type markets? A listed keyboard would have all the protection necessary
and could work with fuse and no fused computer outputs. Mice out to be the same
situation.
    I suspect the problem is known and a blind eye turned that direction.
    Gary