Greg Galluccio wrote:

>> The GS Mark has no mechanism for delineating between components and
finished products - both can receive GS approval.  Hence the TUV GS mark.

Unless something has changed in the in the last two years, when I was
employed at TUV,   this is actually not quite correct. The GS Mark is only
for finished ready to use products which do not require any special
installation considerations to make them safe. It cannot be issued for
incomplete unfinished products which require an enclosure, for instance, to
make them  compliant with the standards. For components TUV would issue the
"Bauart Mark" which is  their equivalent to the UL recognition mark.A Bauart
Mark usually contains conditions of acceptability such as special
installation considerations while it was not allowed to have conditions of
acceptability on a GS License......... If I remember correctly Bauart Mark
and is not regulated by the German Government as the GS Mark is............