PEM nuts may have their proper place, but I don't like to use them, since
they are prone to being driven out by the pressure applied to a bolt during
tightening. If the assembler just leans on the bolt a little, the nut pushes
out of the clinch, and then spins in the bolt. This can turn into a bad
problem if the nut is in a blind area.

I prefer to use Rivnuts, which clench with a shoulder on the front surface
and a deformation area on the rear. These will not fall out with axial

Ed

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Systems
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780  (Voice)
858-505-1583  (Fax)
Military & Avionics EMC Services Is Our Specialty
Shake-Bake-Shock - Metrology - Reliability Analysis