I would have to agree with the last few posts.

My business partner and I are adding forums on our new site as more of a
courtesy for those that are interested. When we were deciding on this, we
thought about approaching the IEEE and ask them to have us host their
forums/listserv. Of course this would have driven a lot of traffic through
our website and would have made stats look that much better, and our biggest
reason for possibly doing this was to be able to allow for precise
topic/keyword searching. We only came up with one problem which prevented us
>from ever approaching the IEEE, convenience.

The listserver provides the information to you, you don't have to go and
look for it, it is always there in your inbox in a compact(usually)format.

I am curious as to how the decision was made for this change? Where the
members who have signed up for this listserve asked for their thoughts or
input on changing such a fundamental functionality issue? Is there a chance
for reconsidering?

My personal opinion is that this is not a good idea. I know that even with
high speed access, there are weeks where I do not open my browser, I just
check email.

Just my 2 cents
Garry Hojan
SCS