You can find all sorts of different transformer configurations. The magnetics
vendors have technical stuff that often knows what is good and in which
application, yet they also sell what they know isn't technically very good.
The
reason is that oftentimes customers require a specific configuration, and if
they want to get business they do what customers ask them.

If you need guidance in selecting a part from a magnetics company, ask to
speak
with their lead design enginieers, and only after that discuss it with the
sales guys.

Neven