In a message dated 2/3/2003, Muhammad writes:

Also, I would appreciate if someone could point me to a document where I could
find rules/factors to consider while selecting a jack with integrated
magnetics.

Hi Muhammad:

One thing to watch out for with integrated magnetics is that some of these
designs do not do well with safety isolation and/or the lightning and power
cross requirements in Telcordia GR-1089 and EN 300 386-2.  For some
applications these standards are important, while for others they are not.
Just make sure you know what your regulatory requirements are before you
commit to an RJ-45 with integrated magnetics.

Joe Randolph
Telecom Design Consultant
Randolph Telecom, Inc.
781-721-2848