Here is a question for you Gurus..

I was looked at a few different rj45 with integrated magnetics.  While all of
them were different in some respect, I found two major categories - one with
common mode choke on the chip (IC) side while others with common mode choke on
the cable side.  My question would be "why would one want to use a connector
with common mode choke on the chip side vs connector with common mode choke on
the cable side??? I wanted to know specific scenario where  a person would
prefer one over the other."

Here I would like to add that most of the problems I have seen in my short
career are due to common mode noise making its way to the cable.

Also, I would appreciate if someone could point me to a document where I could
find rules/factors to consider while selecting a jack with integrated
magnetics .

Muhammad