Hi Brian,

My use of the thermal grease, as I had indicated, was in the past. I have not
used it for a long
time.

But, I'm curious. What were the reasons that these people/entities gave to you
for not using the
thermal grease? Why wasn't it acceptable for them? Surely, they should have
given reasons for their
positions. Please advise. (BTW, I'm not trying to be contentious. I'm just
trying to know their
reasoning)

Best regards,

Ron Pickard
rpick...@hypercom.com

                      boconn...@t-yuden.com

                      Sent by:                      To:
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org

                      owner-emc-pstc@majordo        cc:

                      mo.ieee.org                   Subject:  RE: Thermocouple
glue

                      04/28/2003 09:55 AM

                      Please respond to

                      boconnell

My use of thermal grease was discontinued several years ago by request of
various agency engineers
reviewing test data/technique. And more recently, during my ISO 17025 audit,
the NCB auditor
explicitly directed me to never use thermal grease for thermocouple
application. And auditors from
other NRTLs/NCBs have emphasized, at least verbally, that thermal grease is
not acceptable.

R/S,
Brian