To all,

I'm not sure if this message was received and/or distributed by the listerver,
but here it is again.

Best regards,

Ron Pickard
rpick...@hypercom.com

                      Ron Pickard

                                               To:
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org

                      04/25/2003 10:19         cc:

                      AM                       Subject: Re: Thermocouple
glue(Document link: Ron Pickard)

To all,

I'm surprised that no one hasn't mentioned this yet.

In the past for this application, the securement that I was introduced to was
fiberglass tape and
that white thermal grease. The tape exhibited high thermal stability and was
used to secure the
thermocouples, but left adhesive residue when removed after a temperature
test. The thermocouple was
inserted into the grease which offered excellent thermal conduction from the
measurement point  to
the thermocouple. The downside to this grease, as anyone who's used this
grease would say, is that
the grease is "messy to the extreme" and it generally could not be completely
removed from any
surface that it came in contact with. And, it always found a way to get onto
unintended surfaces
including clothing. But, as a plus, the thermal grease would stay put
physically over a very wide
temperature range.

I'm sure that someone has fond memories of that stuff.

Best regards,

Ron Pickard
rpick...@hypercom.com

                      pauljsmi...@cs.com

                      Sent by:                      To:
peter.tar...@sanmina-sci.com, emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org

                      owner-emc-pstc@majordo        cc:

                      mo.ieee.org                   Subject:  Re: Thermocouple
glue

                      04/25/2003 08:53 AM

                      Please respond to

                      PaulJSmith1

In a message dated 4/23/03 5:37:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,