Nathan,

In fact, CQC can not convert CQC certificate issued to Michael's client to CCC
cert becasue that product is not under CCC, but under CVC - China Voluntary
Certification Scheme.

As per CCC Implementation Rules, "Cell-Phone Charger" is classified as telecom
accessories which do not require CCC Mark. Only Chargers used for ITE, A/V
Products needs CCC.

What Michael's client got is China Voluntary Certificate. Currently there are
three equivalent CVC Marks, i.e. CQC Mark, CEMC Mark, and CESI Mark. Products
listed under CVC category will be phased in as the 2nd CCC Product Category,
but before is is officially announced. They can not be CCC Certified, but only
either CQC, CEMC, or CESI Certified.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Jin
SIEMIC China Certification Services Ltd
SIEMIC, Inc.
Need fast approval? Is Seven Working Days too long?
Need Singapore PSB Certification?
Not a problem, SIEMIC is now authorized to issue PSB certification.
www.siemic.com <http://www.siemic.com/>
www.siemic.com/ca/ca-index.htm

"Belsher, Nathan" <nbels...@ti.com> wrote:

Michael,

The CQC is authorized by the CNCA to issue the CCC certificate.  However the
CQC has their own mark.  It appears that what you received is the CQC
certificate. Please go back to your contact at CQC and ask if can get your CQC
certificate turned into a CCC certificate.  It will say CCC on the
certificate. The China customs will be looking for the CCC mark.

During the transition period it was possible to get either a CQC certificate,
a Great Wall mark, or a CCC certificate. However from here forward the CCC
mark is the only official country wide approval.

My comments are based on my personal conversations with the CQC offices in
Shanghai and Beijing and CNCA in Beijing during my visit to their offices in
February/March this year.

I hope this helps.

Nathan Belsher

Product Stewardship Manager