Josh,

Thank you for your comment.  You are right the CQC previously gave the CCIB
approval and issued the Great Wall Mark.  They have continued to provide
this approval up until the CCC mark is required - August, 2003. So up to the
present you could get either the old marks or the new CCC mark from CQC.

So in the case Michael Jang presented he would have to check with CQC to see
if they could issue him a CCC certificate depending on what testing was done
(EMC and Product Safety.)

I don't have all the answers on CCC but continue myself to try to put
together what is really required. Since you have some choice in who go to
get the CCC mark you need to develop a relationship with someone that has a
good track record of CCC approvals and company references of those who use
their service.

Also, you must be cautious.
One example is one testing agency I visited in Shanghai wanted me to have a
certain product (not on the CCC list of products) tested by them and obtain
their mark and they would later convert this into CCC mark for me if China
later listed this product in the future. I wasn't comfortable with that.

Nathan Belsher