Need some help determining the conformity process of an aircraft luggage
loader.  This is an electric vehicle that you see running around on the tarmac
of a commercial airport loadding luggage onto aircraft.  Not sure it matters,
but the one I am referring happens to be for commuter aircraft not the large
commercial aircraft.

It is about 16 ft long, 70 inches wide and weighs about 6500 lbs.

Questions I have are:

1)  What Directive?
2)  What is the conformity process(e.g. new approach, TCF)?
3)  Client requests testing to EN 12895 which seems appropriate, but is there
anything else?
4)  This thing is too large for our chamber for radiated immunity testing.  In
this month's Conformity there is an Article written by Bruce Fagley about
testing large industrial systems.  Granted the scope of the article was
in-situ testing not "this thing is too big for my chamber".  However, in the
article the author discusses how large systems are tested are tested outdoors
for IEC 1000-4-3.  My question is, is this method allowed only for in-situ
testing, or can it be used when the EUT is so large that it cannot fit in the
chamber?

Kind Regards,

Sam Wismer

<<Glacier Bkgrd.jpg>>