From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Price, Edward
Sent: 19 June 2008 02:04
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: like your eggs raw /// mobile phone safety

________________________________

        From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Tang,
George
        Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:40 PM
        To: Reginald Henry; dw...@atcb.com; James, Chris; emc-p...@ieee.org

        Let’s see….. The popcorn package label says “Place bag in a 1000 watt
microwave oven.  Set power level to HIGH.  Cook for 5 minutes……”  When
you take the popcorn out of the oven, it is HOT and it BURNS your finger to
touch the popcorn.

        If you believe the power through this COLD RESISTOR can cook a popcorn,
then
I have a Golden Gate Bridge to sell you.  Of course, what long term side
effects cell phone has on the human body (ringing in ear due to one sided
hearing, muscle cramps in the arm and neck, poor brain development in young
children due to concentration to sound coming from only one ear, hormonal
imbalance due to lack of exercise….) is unknown to people.  But cooking
popcorn with a cell phone radiated power is ridiculous.

        George

My oven does the MIL STD popcorn bag in just a few seconds over 3 minutes. <g>

I hate to guess the ratio of viewers of that video who analyzed the conditions
(antenna direction, underlying physics) to those who now know they have proof
that cell phones are more dangerous than ever.

Ed Price

ed.pr...@cubic.com <mailto:ed.pr...@cubic.com>      WB6WSN

NARTE Certified EMC Engineer & Technician

Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab

Cubic Defense Applications

San Diego, CA  USA

858-505-2780 (Voice)

858-505-1583 (FAX)

Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty

- ---------------------------------------------------------------- This
message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to:

Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org David Heald: emc-p...@daveheald.com

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended
recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on this message
is strictly prohibited.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html