How about using a mobile calibration lab?  No shipping damage. 1 day
turnaround.

A calibration lab I know and trust ranks higher in my book than a lab with a
laundry list of accreditations but acts like you are at their mercy.  I need
more from a calibration lab than a sticker on the front.

Years ago I sent my receiver to the manufacturer for Calibration and paid
extra money to get onto their “Head of the Line” list. Four weeks and 12
phone calls later, it finally made it to the bench where the technician said
there was something wrong with my receiver and it had to be sent to the Repair
lab which was at a different location. Four more weeks later, the repair
technician called me and said he couldn’t find anything wrong with the
receiver, but, their repair lab was not accredited to do calibrations,
soooooooooooo, it had to be shipped back to the Calibration lab where this
time it was calibrated and shipped back to me with no explanation. Our total
down time was 10 weeks. I wonder how long it would have taken if I didn’t
pay the extra money to be at the Head of the Line?

Oh, my receiver also came back all beat up. The paint on the sides was all
worn off from shipping wear.

So, that was the last time I sent my receiver to the manufacturer for
calibration.

Just one of many many calibration horror stories.

I currently have a great relationship with my calibration lab. I’m on a
first name bases which I would not have it any other way.  Your calibration
lab has to be someone you trust is doing it right and will be able to properly
repair it if necessary.

Any time I look to buy a new piece of test equipment, I contact my Calibration
Lab (who also does repair on most manufacturers’ equipment) and get their
recommendation on make and model.  They see what brands and models of
equipment have high fallout in function and calibration.

The other Brian