From: "Don Umbdenstock" <djumbdenst...@tycoint.com>
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:42:50 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: RE: PoE injectors

Let me share some of my thought process with you.

Hazard based consideration and 60950 would suggest that if a power
source (injector) can provide more than 15W, then a fire enclosure or
other means of fire protection is necessary.  Other means to prevent
fire when a fire enclosure is not provided includes LPS source, product
built with V-1 or better circuit boards, etc.

Most injectors provide more than 15W to be able to power more than one
device and handle line loss.  Thus it would seem intuitive that the PoE
injector (or switch) would be LPS.

What's the rest of the story that I'm missing?

Don
561 912  6440