We have been asking this question to several "authorities" and the
conversations goes like this:

US: "Our products are marked with a RoHS logo, is that acceptable for
RoHS2?"
THEM: "No marks which claim compliance may be used as it confuses the
meaning of the CE mark."
US: "But we are not using it to claim compliance. It is a marketing tool
only. A RoHS mark was never required, and thus is was never used it to
claim compliance."
THEM: "Here is a link to the directive and FAQ. Thanks for your
enquiry."

The New Approach guidelines state the reason behind the language "no
other mark can be used to claim compliance" was to prevent countries
from introducing their own marks. However, it seems others are taking it
to mean something else. We have heard the issue will hit the courts and
one enforcement agency even used the words "our current position is..."

-Will

William L. Brown Jr.
Engineering Manager
Regulatory and Compliance