I'll take a stab at this and then Mr. Woodgate can individually. Due to the
time difference, he made the first response on this, and his response was
precisely what mine would have been, but he got up earlier than I did. Due
to the time difference again, I'm up later than he is.

First, I don't know the particulars of your standard and test method. All I
was saying is that if there was corrosion, or paint, or any sort of
non-conductive material in series with the ground path to be measured, a low
potential could see that as an open, but a high potential would arc across
it. So my point was that if you tested the bond at a high potential, you
would not catch the fqct that there was some sort of "gunk" gumming up the
works, to use a technical term.

This is not a linear function, as per your example below. To use your
numbers, the low potentials would see an open, or nearly so, but above some
threshold applied potential, the bond path would suddenly drop from very
high to your 0.1 Ohm target value.

Ken Javor
Phone: (256) 650-5261

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html