From: Ed Price <edpr...@cox.net>

 121 dB SE, then at least a few mechanical engineers were happier at the end of
the day. And the new SE figure could mean that a flight didn’t have to take the
long way to a target, instead, it might be able to thread its way between two
hostile emitters.

>In that instance, we were not considering the response time of a victim
>system, so all we cared was that the pattern shifted “enough” and that we
>identified how long it took for the pattern to repeat.
>
>I didn’t understand what you were saying about “…skew the reverb pattern…” All
>I know is that the stirring technique helped extend our SE dynamic range by a
>little at around 200 MHz, getting more helpful until we had, IIRC, around 12
>dB betterment above 1 GHz. And 18 GHz was the high end of our investigation.
>
>Ed Price
>WB6WSN
>Chula Vista, CA  USA

 3 minutes at each frequency. Over the course of that three minute exposure,
there were many dips and rises, but only a few combinations actually hit the
peak exposure level. For monitoring, I used a spectrum analyzer set to zero
sweep width to obtain a time domain view. The trace sweep was set to about 30
seconds per division. At the end of about 4 minutes, the analyzer could display
the maximum and minimum signal strength.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>