India is a CB scheme member, However the " Mandatory (Compulsory) registration
of ITE and A/V products is a national registration scheme.  As it is the
national scheme, India insist on in-country testing at BIS( Bureau of Indian
Standards) certified labs.  The applicable standard is BIS ... and not IEC/EN
60950-1.

Best,

Sudhakar

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:02 PM, John Woodgate <j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk>