All,

I’m trying to learn more about Bulk current injection. I’veread Javor’s Field
to Wire Coupling papers, as well as -4-6, ISO 11452-4, SAEJ1113-4, and CS114.

I’m primarily interested in grounding, and the differencesbetween -4-6 and the
rest.

-4-6 requires that the injection probe or clamp is groundedwith a short ground
strap. MIL STD, ISO, and SAE don’t do so. I would assume it’sdue to the
difference between a test simulating commercial AC powered equipmentversus
vehicle mounted equipment. I’d like a more thorough understanding ofwhy.

Also, if I do not ground the BCI probe during -4-6, say duringan in situ test
on an elevated cable, what would the result be? An under test,over test, or
unknown? For large equipment would it make sense to tie it to the chassis?

David