Three things to keep in mind with the 61000-4-6 Conducted Immunity test when
using clamps;

1.       There two types of clamps; The Current Clamp which must be grounded
via the BNC connector and a short strap to the Reference Ground Plane, and The
EM clamp which most commercially available models have grounding pads on the
bottom which touches the Reference ground plane; so with these the ground strap
is not needed.

2.       The entire Test Setup must not be directly grounded to Earth or the
Ground Reference Plane. The entire EUT is slightly floating off of ground
through the impedance created by the CDNs and placed on 10cm platforms above
the GRP.

3.       There must always be at least TWO coupling devices in the test setup
(see reason below).  You must provide a loop or return path for the energy you
are injecting.

If you are testing an EUT with no I/O and only one port with a CDN attached,
then you must add a second CDN (CDN-M1) to the chassis ground of the EUT to the
Ground Plane. If the EUT has a dedicated ground earth terminal, you can connect
a CDN-M1 from it to the Ground Plane.

If the EUT does not have a ground (Class 2 device or all plastic chassis) then
you can wrap the EUT in aluminum foil and connect it to the ground plane via a
CDN-M1.

The only setup picture in the standard that really shows this configuration in
Figure F.2. Note without the CDN-M1 the EUT would only have one CDN attached.
Like I said before; you must have at least two CDN devices in the test setup.

It would be most difficult to do in an In-Situ setup for the 4-6 test. If you
cannot keep the EUT from shorting directly to ground, either directly or
through one of the EUTs, then you cannot do the test. The Standard does not
give a test setup for in-situ testing.

See section 7.7 when using a clamp where you cannot met the common mode
impedance requirements:

“When using clamp injection, and the common mode impedance requirements cannot
be met
at the AE side, it is necessary that the common mode impedance of the AE be
less than or
equal to the common mode impedance of the EUT port being tested. If not,
measures shall be
taken (e.g. by using a CDN-M1 or 150 􀀺 resistor from the AE to ground) at the
AE port to
satisfy this condition and to prevent resonances”

I hope this was helpful.
The Other Brian