I am going around with an ODM making a HDMI cable for us. Standard cable
just has our brand logo molded in the connector shell. Cable is to be used
with Category 4 (ITE) Equipment and is sold separately.

The question is CE Marked or not CE Marked. I say it must be CE Marked and
they say not required. I have been through the directives and FAQ more than
a few times and it seems black and white to me.

They say they talked to three different compliance labs, at least one of
which is familiar to a lot of us on the west coast, and all say not
required. They say their compliance engineers all went to the required
training and they all say not required.

Am I the only one that thinks these HDMI cables need to be CE Marked? Or am
I missing something? Like maybe not required today but required to be
marked at some future date like 2019 maybe?

Last, assuming I am not on some good psychedelics and CE Marking is
required on or for HDMI cables, can I get away with putting the CE Mark on
the single unit package, like a label on the poly bag it is sealed in?

I thank everybody that helps answer the question and keeps me from
consuming more of those pink pills.

Happy New Year to all.
Scott