From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@woodjohn.uk]
Sent: 22 February 2019 18:28
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Type F receptacle wiring

The plug is not reversible in France and Belgium.

Best wishes
John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only
J M Woodgate and Associates www.woodjohn.uk
Rayleigh, Essex UK

On 2019-02-22 18:13, John Allen wrote:

Doug

As I am sure that many others will confirm, that CEE 7 socket does NOT have any
defined polarity for the Live/Line and Neutral contact tubes, and thus the
Line/Live and Neutral wires to those contact tubes can & are connected either
way around according to the “wim” of the installer – unlike N.America and the
UK (for example) which do have defined polarities for some sockets .

PS: researched this in detail about 20 yrs ago and I am quite sure that the
situation has not changed since (as it had not changed in the decades before
that).

John E Allen

W. London, UK