Hi Doug:

The French, Belgian, and Schuko domestic connectors are non-polarized.

The British, North American, South Africa, some Japan domestic connectors are
polarized.

Some domestic connectors in Norway and many in Japan have no PE.

Wikipedia discusses the various plugs and sockets, polarization, and earthing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

See the table near the end for both polarization and earthing.

Appliance couplers are polarized in North America, but not elsewhere.

Best regards,

Rich