Hi Brian,

In IEC 61000-4-3 the level is defined as the unmodulated rms field strength.
The modulation (1kHz 80% AM) is applied symmetrically around that level.
>From memory this means that the peak is 5.1dB higher than the level.

The opposite is true in ISO 11452-2 for automotive where the level is the
maximum peak and the modulation (AM, same as above) is modulated down from
this peak.

All the best

James

James Pawson

Managing Director & EMC Problem Solver

Unit 3 Compliance Ltd

EMC : Environmental & Vibration : Electrical Safety : CE & UKCA :
Consultancy

 <http://www.unit3compliance.co.uk/> www.unit3compliance.co.uk |
<mailto:ja...@unit3compliance.co.uk> ja...@unit3compliance.co.uk

+44(0)1274 911747  |  +44(0)7811 139957

2 Wellington Business Park, New Lane, Bradford, BD4 8AL

Registered in England and Wales # 10574298

Office hours:

Every morning my full attention is on consultancy, testing, and
troubleshooting activities for our customers' projects. I'm contactable
between 1300h to 1730h from Monday to Friday.

For inquiries, bookings, and testing updates please send us an email on
he...@unit3compliance.co.uk <mailto:he...@unit3compliance.co.uk>  or call
01274 911747. Our lead times for testing and consultancy are typically 4-5
weeks.