On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 03:59:39PM -0500, Mike Cinquino wrote:

> With out a jog wheel: I could have buttons that would jog in the plus or
> minus direction. I would have a multi-position switch to select X,Y,Z,A
> axis. I see in halui that i could use halui.jog.<channel> aka axis.minus
> and halui.jog.<channel> aka axis.plus . Because I am limited on inputs I
> don't want to dedicate a input for each axis + and each axis -. I would
> like to have a way to use the already selected axis/channel (0-3). It
> looks like match8 might do this but I am not completely following how it
> works in Anders .hal file.

I didn't try it, but it looks like you can select a joint with
halui.joint.selected and then jog it with halui.jog.selected.plus and
minus.  The speed is set with halui.jog-speed.

If I was making a pendant I'd sure want a jogwheel instead of
plus/minus buttons.  It takes the same number of inputs and works much
(much!) better.  I have a real jogwheel but one of these days I'm
going to try one of the little toy knob encoders from mouser etc -
they're meant to be volume controls or something, but they might
still be more useful for jogging than two buttons.

Chris