On Friday 09 March 2007, Andy Ibbotson wrote:
>Hi,
>Another question - Has anyone successfully installed a WIFI card under
>Ubuntu 6.06.  My CNC PC is out in the workshop and it's a pain to drag
>it in to the house and connect it to the router via a cable everytime I
>need to update files via the internet (not to mention the grief received
>from the Wife re. swarf on the carpet).
>Unfortunately my Linux skills are v. limited so the install must be
>fairly simple.
>Regards
>Andy

Everybody in the neighborhood now has a dsl modem with wifi in it and
apparently enabled, I can see anywhere from 2 to 4 with a pocket sniffer
here.  Not trusting to have a wifi on my side of the firewall, I took the
chicken way out and ran a hunk of cat5 to the shop, hanging overhead
across the yard.  Std, out of the un-real box indoor cable from Belden,
its been hanging there for 3 years now, good as ever the last time I used
adept to update that box.  If the weather does kill it, well, cat5 is
cheap, at least for me.

Cheers, Gene
Nothing matters very much, and few things matter at all.
                -- Arthur Balfour