RogerN wrote:

>I have my VFD forward and reverse connected to the M5i20 through the
>7i37 board, M3 & M4 works as they should.
>
>Now I need to connect the spindle speed control.  The basic idea is to
>get the spindle speed command to the M5i20 dac 3.  Since I have
>different gears, I would like to use my spindle encoder feedback and
>either increase or decrease the command to get the programmed speed.

You can use a PID on the spindle speed.  Connect the PID command input
to motion.spindle-speed-out, tune PID.  The only trouble will be if you
need a speed that can't be reached in the present gear.  Ideally, you'd
have an input or two that tell EMC what gear it's in, and you can use a
comparator block to check whether the requested speed can be reached in
the current gear (and pop up a dialog telling the user to change gears
if not).  That's not a trivial setup though.

>Also, my drive will handle about 300-400 rpm per second deceleration
>without dynamic braking.  Are there trajectory settings for spindle
>speed?

You can use a limit block for this, if tuning the PID doesn't do it for you.

- Steve