  From: richard harris
  To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
  Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 1:43 AM
  Subject: [Emc-users] OT Encoder Question

  Hello,

  First let me apologize for this off topic question, but I exhausted all the
  I have a Hardinge lathe with an unknown encoder mounted to the spindle.  The
encoder has 5 sets of wires.  All are twisted pair, one set is wrapped in red
foil and is a red wire and a black wire I assume this is the power.  One set is
wrapped in green foil, with a green wire and a black wire.  The last three sets
are in blue foil, wire colors are; brown/black, blue/black, yellow/black.  I
can speculate that the blue foil are the channel where the colored wire is the
channel and the black is the inverse. That leaves the rather dubious green foil
set of wires.

  Any ideas, before I wire and hope?
  <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
  <!--[endif]-->

  Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who
knows.
  Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.