Gentlemen,
    I asked our EDM operator what parameters he would use with your
setup to get the 6/32 tap out of the steel. He set it up in our
LeBlond Makino EDNC 65. His recommendation is 30 volts DC, 1 amp and
10 rpm, dry with compressed air. The fluid, whether it is dielectric
petroleum products or DI water is not for lubrication or cooling. It
is to solidify and flush the evaporated metal away from the arc area.
Air will do that just fine and better than a puddle of oil or water.
   You should probably try both polarities to see which is more
effective for your setup. It will make a difference. He just didn't
know which would work best.
thanks
Stuart