Congratulations, you have graduated to the next level of problems. I
also had problems loading a couple of my computers. Some of the things
to check which may or may not have an effect:

1) Have at least 256mB of RAM. You can reduce this after the
installation

2) Use a DVD drive (yeah, wierd, but it worked for me)

3) Use the built-in video feature on your motherboard only (later, for
better EMC performance use a pci or agp card, and pci parallel port if
you are using a parallel port)

4) Use "noacpi"(?) or other boot command options. From memory, it is
something like - at the opening screen, press F3 (the menu may indicate
which).

These are installation issues with Ubuntu in general and not EMC. So
searching on the above and "Ubuntu installation" might give you more
information. Sorry, for not giving you more specific information, but
this should get you pointed in the right direction. After sorting this
out, I had no problems during the installations. I can try to fill in
the details if needed. Good Luck.

Kirk Wallace