Chris Mason wrote:

>Kirk,
>
>Thanks for the help. I have the files made onto the cd correctly now.....I
>think. When I put in the cd the ubuntu image comes up and it says launching
>browser, after about 20sec. it just goes away and nothing.

This is normal.  To make room for EMC, the Windows-based demos and
programs were removed from the CD.  The browser wasn't, so it runs,
doesn't find anything to show you, and goes away.

> If I boot from
>the cd, a blank screen comes up and just stays there. So still not in
>business. Let me know what you think.

Is the screen always blank, or do you get a boot ment, then some
messages+a progress bar, then a blank screen, or is it something
different from those?

One additional thing to try is to download a stock Ubuntu CD (from
<http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu>) and boot from that.  Ideally, you'd
get version 6.06 LTS desktop edition, since that's what the EMC2 liveCD
is based on.  Burn that and boot from it, and see if that works.  If
not, check the Ubuntu forums, as was already suggested, for tips on your
hardware.  You can also try a newer distribution, such as 7.04.  If 6.06
LTS and EMC2 don't boot, but 7.04 does, that helps us to decide when to
change the distribution EMC2 is based on.

>Thank you,
>
>Chris Mason

Thanks.  Please keep trying to get this to work - we'd like to help, but
don't know if it's "our problem" or "Ubuntu's problem" (or a hardware
problem or a user error) yet :)

- Steve